site design group, ltd. is an urban design, landscape architecture, and architecture firm that was founded in Chicago, Illinois in 1990. Comprised of thirteen professionals including LEED accredited and licensed landscape architects, planners, architects, and urban designers, we are recognized by our ability to visualize and communicate innovative design concepts and spatial experiences throughout the design process. site design group, ltd. has designed numerous award-winning exterior public spaces that have successfully redefined the shape and character of individual communities throughout Chicago, including Ping Tom Memorial Park, Mary Bartelme Park, and the State Street Lightscape. We provide professional design services to architects, engineers, municipalities, corporations, and institutions throughout Chicago, the Midwest, and Asia.
The mid-level project manager position includes coordination and leadership for landscape architecture and urban design projects from programming, planning, and conceptual design through construction documentation and administration. Working with the principal-in-charge and design director, the project manager will direct the design and production team, coordinate with outside consultants, and review all design and construction documents.
Commensurate with experience.
Mail or e-mail a cover letter, resume, and portfolio by September 16, 2013 to the address below.
- Two to five years experience
- Competency with relevant software, including; Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk AutoCAD, and Sketch-up. Knowledge of MicroStation and 3-D modeling software is a plus.
- Knowledge of specification writing is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and consultants
- Ability to represent site design group, ltd. to clients and company friends in a gracious and professional manner
- A commitment to design excellence and innovation